I always love it when I can show you something and get a project done at the same time! Today, I’ve got yet another way to use a heart punch or die cut. We are almost to March this year, and St. Patrick’s Day brings Irish inspired design to many things during the month of March.
These were made from vellum so that they did not completely cover up the background layers.
For this March art journal calendar scrapbook page:
- Printed some vintage St. Patrick’s greetings which Joanna Grant had shared on her site, Joanna Banana Design Originals, and cut them apart.
- Used a green piece of 12×12″ card stock for the foundation piece.
- Die cut “March” from a printed paper, and inked the edges of the letters
- Arranged the vintage greetings and adhered them.
- Toned down the greetings with a bit of white craft ink.
- Punched hearts from heavy vellum card stock
- Inked the edges of the hearts
- Arrange the hearts into shamrocks
- Adhered just the points with a bit of glitter glue
- Topped off the center of each shamrock with a bit of Crystal Effects, to make sure they adhered securely.
- Drew stems on the shamrocks with a marker.
- Numbered the petals of the shamrocks to be used as a tiny journal spot for each day.