Thanks for joining me again this week! Our Artful Adventure today continues with ideas to jazz up a word art digital download. Digital downloads can make quick word of creating something special, whether you want a piece of decor or a card to send.
Here you can see the original version of the template. Since this version is able to be quickly transformed, you’ll see that it was easy to tweak the color just a wee bit. Only the green has been changed. This makes it such an easy way to personalize it in a way that best fits your color needs.
One way to change up your printable is to print it out and then use a fine tip marker to outline some of the words. If you don’t really feel confident with your hand lettering skills, this is a perfect way to have a little practice.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Note to self, don’t have so much caffeine before you do this again! Some of my lines are less than desirable, but that’s okay. I was rather pleased with the outcome.
This was meant to show you a quick project, so I only did some of the larger words, which I knew would be much easier to outline. When you try something like this, you’ll begin to notice the little nuances of the particular font of the word you are working on. That is what lettering is all about, the little things that each letter has in common.
As long as you are going to print it out, why not make a smaller size and create a card? Here is a card that was created from the same template.
- Half sheet of black card stock (cut 8.5″ x 5.5″), folded in half
- Lucky Limeade card stock (cut 4″x5.25″)
- Printable Template reduced to allow some of the white border (cut 3.75″x5″)
- Before assembling the card pieces wipe the printout with an embossing buddy
- Use Versamark marker over some of the letters.
- Sprinkle Hollogram Embossing powder and use heat tool to emboss!
- Assemble card pieces
TaDah! You are done!
Okay, now that the card is finished, I realized that the Hollogram embossing powder is no longer available! SO….. some other ideas to add a quick bit of sparkle or shine (these are options, not steps):
- Use 2-way Glue Pen over selected letters and sprinkle with glitter.
- Use Clear Embossing powder
- Use Dazzling Details on selected areas
- Try some Crystal Effects on a few letters!